Saturday, April 12, 2008

While Away... Art Journal Play

I had a lot of fun while on vacation - arting up Nicci's journal. I bounced around all over the place. On this set I just added the orange color to her design.


On this set I added the two funky birds that parented her eggs.


More color to her spread.



Ditto... more color.


More color.....


And more....


And more ...



Here I painted the painted lady and I handcarved an XO stamp to use with multicolor metallic ink.


More color....


Another handcarved stamp. The phrase "Empty Sky" is a theme for another journal project I am doing... but it felt quite natural here. I carved this as a phrase.


The Terra Cotta background Nicci did was so warm. I kept imagining a window frame like this... so I drew one. I used Water Color Pencils (Metallic and Basic) for painting in.


And last but not least... more color.



No comments: