Sunday, May 18, 2008

side by side



i have both journals at the moment, and i am working on them side by side for the next few days until i send maralena's journal home. there will undoubtedly be a HUGE picture update from me soon. eye candy extravaganza!

i didn't want to post without an image tonight, so i included a photograph of my most recent painting. it's a 20x20 inch mixed media work called Ruby. i'm sure you can tell i love red. now all i need to do is get my hands on some crimson spray paint to add a few touches to maralena's journal before it's sent on its merry way!

i've got gesso everywhere, and both journals are thick with fresh coats. happy art making! xox nicci

1 comment:

mcdc3s said...

I love this painting.
I'm glad the journal arrived safe and sound... and it is enjoying its reuniting with it's sibling. LOL Can't wait to see your progression. xxx