Tuesday, June 3, 2008

New thickness trick!

Got a great idea for adding thickness to the journal pages. I decided to use a few sheets of my white peel & press paper that I usually use for faux postage or stickers. I took it outside and spray painted the backgrounds and then came inside and gave it a coat of Krylon Workable Fixative. That makes is slippery - so I can use my oil pastels and blend easily with my finger tips. After the oil pastels and some acrylic painting I decided to use one of my handmade stamps - coiled string around a lid to add some interesting texture. Then I used a neat chunky stamp that looks like a checker board for more interesting texture. Spray again with the fixative and then cut to fit the pages I wanted to add it to in the journal. Simply peeled and pressed it into place. Wa-la! Pretty cool. Now... I am still free (and Nicci is still free) to add more paint, or whatever to it!












4 comments:

nicci said...

ooh tricksy. that's a really good idea! peel and stick art. =)

i like the textures and the layers you're doing here. i have been contemplating a new method of putting some work in the books too...

more on future posts. xox

mcdc3s said...

I am using peel and stick anything to add the build up. Its working just fine!

nicci said...

i think the layers of black and white stamping and stenciling are my favorite this week.

mcdc3s said...

I've got to take pictures and post. I've worked a lot in the journal. I'll probably be sending it out to you by the weekend.