Tuesday, February 12, 2008

Beginning pages of Nicci's Art Journal - Backgrounds



I am new to Art Journal exchanges between two participants - but seeing some of Nicci's past experiences - I was so intrigued that I couldn't wait to give it a go too!


For the most part, I am primarily an Abstract artist... but I can tell right away that working with Nicci's input and inspiration - I will be stretched in all sorts of directions. Hopefully - so will Nicci! When I say, 'stretched' - I certainly mean in a good way!


Okay, for starters I did 10 double-page, side by side pages or spreads. I see these as backgrounds for either Nicci to explore or myself - if the feeling is right. For these pages I used assorted acrylic paints (opaque and transparent), gesso here and there for texture/thickness, and Krylon Workable Fixative.























Posted by: mcdc3s (Maralena)

No comments: