Tuesday, February 19, 2008

first 3 - maralena's journal

i have been working on maralena's journal, slowly but surely. i started with some pen drawings, and then added color in layers afterward. this is a labor intensive process, and requires several layers of gesso, so it takes a while! you really have to run your hand down the page to appreciate the yumminess!





i have about six or seven more sets of pages with the first layer of gesso down on them. i'm working on the third coat on the next set after those pictured here. i may go up to five. the color blue is really working for me this week, as you can see!

i will soon have my hands on the journal maralena started for me, so i will have to kick it into high gear to get hers to her for the month! it will be fun working on her beginnings for me, and i am sure she will be entertained with my beginnings for her, though i have to admit, it takes a while to get over petting the pages before you can work on them...

(posted by nicci.)

2 comments:

mcdc3s said...

OMG.... LOL, I love them. I almost died seeing our little cartoon faces. :) I can't wait!

nicci said...

hee hee hee. =>
glad you liked our little stick figure representations!
hehehe.

i can't wait to attack the other journal's pages, and send you this one to safari through with art supplies!

i am so glad we decided to do this, maralena. you have NO idea.