Thursday, February 28, 2008

in transit - yellow robot on the way!

today i sent off the box containing maralena's journal! it should be to her in a matter of days, hopefully two! the inside is a mystery... well, not really. though, truth be told, the images here only give you some of the sense of what the journal is like. you really do have to fondle the pages to tell how thick they are. tactile experience!



i started some layers of gesso in my sketchbook that maralena worked in first. i am working on gessoing the pages between the ones she did, so i will be ready to rapid fire work on a bunch of stuff without having to wait for gesso to dry!

above is an image of a keychain in progress. remember how maralena sent me some to be altered? i figure i'll do those between waiting for coats of gesso to try. multi task!

the one pictured here has already changed a bit since i took the photo of it. more to come!

2 comments:

mcdc3s said...

Burrrrrrrrrrr.... Just came in from the front porch after a long night of waiting in the snow for the mailman. LOL - I'll warm up a bit and then get back out there. ;)

I love the key tag! I can't wait to see how they turn out. I knew you would figure something out.

mcdc3s said...

I figured that would be exactly what you would do with the pages left between. Glad I did it now. I can not wait to see what you do to the abstract backgrounds too. Go wild - there are no rules - no mistakes - no apologies. LOL - I love that RULE of No Rules! (Is that a double negative?)