Saturday, February 23, 2008

wire wrapped + beaded

i did a little variation on the binding maralena did, and when i wired her sketchbook closed, i used a long length of wire (so i could wrap it a lot), and added some of my favorite glass beads! i only have a very few of these left. i heart the color!

at first i was worried the bind would be too tight, but the pages seem to turn just fine. which is good because it didn't occur to me until i was halfway finished wiring it.




i still have a couple more pages to go before i am ready to mail this out to maralena, though i did receive mine and have been barely restraining the urge to go nuts with collage and paint on the pages. must finish and mail this one first!

4 comments:

mcdc3s said...

Omg! What lovely details. I think they are charming Nicci! I can't wait to see them in person.

nicci said...

when do you think you would like me to send this to you?

you wanted me to include moo cards, right? anything else?

mcdc3s said...

I want it yesterday!
I love it Nicci!
Just pop in a moo card.
I am curious what they look and feel like.
xx

nicci said...

if i get to the PO tomorrow (well, technically later today), i will drop it in the mail!

i have a bunch of stuff that needs mailed.

muah ah ah!