Wednesday, February 27, 2008

the last 2 pages

these are the last 2 pages i will work on in maralena's journal before sending it home to her to be worked in. they are also the last 2 pages of the sketchbook--rather the lats page and the back cover. i decided, tonight, to work on them some. the whole idea came about just from wanting to glue in my business card to the very back. plus i broke in my new metallic gel pens.




painting on a blue watercolor + gesso surface was interesting. i plan to go back into this somehow if maralena doesn't. i think the watercolor stains in pink and sepia didn't really come out, and it just looks dirty. must to be fixing. =b

the little sketchbook with the yellow robot on the cover is soon to be winging its way to maralena's house! stay tuned for more posts from both of us!

2 comments:

mcdc3s said...

Oh I love the pages!
Haha, had to break in the new pens... glad my journal was there for the taking.
Love, love, love those lips and the little ladies. The business cards looks adorable there.
I will be perched by the mailbox withing for my journal!
I want it!
I want it NOW!

nicci said...

yes, i couldn't NOT use the new pens! especially when i had the journal ready to go out! lol.

i packed it up to you. i used pages from an Oriental Trading Company magazine to pack it with... it was a catalogue that was far too tempting. i had to get rid of it!! it had the valentine stuff in it. ohnoes!

mailed today, priority. yours got to me really fast when you sent, so you should have it quickly! i included something else for you. not sure if you have this kind of thing or not--but it's what i use on some of my pages. ;)