Sunday, March 2, 2008

Big Lipped Diva


I couldn't stop once I began working on her. Nicci's drawing was mostly watercolor I believe (correct me if I am wrong Nicci). I wanted to work with a few different other types of color alongside hers. I broke out my Caran D' Ache Neopastel 11's and got to work! They color nicely and blend easily with water. For more shine - I used my Mainstay Acrylics and they were perfect. I did take time to gesso over a few places to make sure my colors covered areas that had been worked on prior. I used a glaze on the lips and eyeball pupil. The bottom right corner was "abstract" with the blunt end of a wood coffee stir. I used my Pitt Artist pens to 'write' the product info here and there on the page.






Posted by: Maralena

3 comments:

nicci said...

woot! i really like how you took the design and popped out the color with your work! i am curious about the pitt pens...

yes, my drawing was watercolor and sharpie over gesso! i think there were 2-3 coats on the page before the sharpie went down for the lips and eye, then i went over it with watercolors.

the eye and lips, especially! yum! i also like the pattern you put down at the bottom right.

mcdc3s said...

I am not that excited about PITT pens. idk. Not the top on my list - at least for this project. Maybe smoother paper would yield a better result. They skip. :P

nicci said...

i am going to need to get my hands on some oil based sharpies. i haven't been able to find any recently... they write VERY well on gesso.