Saturday, March 8, 2008

In the Green


I pressed an assortment of leaves some years back. I pull out two Maple leaves and used them in this spread. First I gesso'ed both pages... let it dry... and then more gesso before I placed the leaves. Gesso around the sides and let that dry. Painted the outside surrounding the leaves - deep green, and more gesso - repeat. I highlighted the leaves and then glazed them with a clear coating and sprinkled UTEE on top and zapped them into a hard image... and added some acrylic (opaque and metallic) detail. Sponge painted the surrounding areas. I'll leave the rest for Nicci to play with. I hope she funk-a-fies these leaves.








Posted by: Maralena

2 comments:

nicci said...

ooh. i like the dimensional quality those elements create. if you don't add more, i am going to have to think of something really cool to go there...

mcdc3s said...

I'm leaving it as it is... so put on your thinking cap.