Tuesday, March 4, 2008

The New Girl


I have been itching to draw a girl for the journal project. I wanted to add some mixed media to the spread - so I pulled off a number 24 from a wall calendar and collaged it to the spread and added gesso around it - then sanded. The girl was sketched and then colored in with my Caran d' Ache Neo Pastel II's. I am really pleased with the way she has tuned out. I outlined some of her features with the PITT pens again. They seemed to work a little better after I sprayed some Krylon Workable Fixative first.
















And I am not done with this little lady yet. I will revisit her tomorrow and do some more work on her hair!



Posted by: Maralena

2 comments:

nicci said...

welcome to the new girl! i love her spread... especially the inclusion of the 24! can't wait to see what you do with her.

mcdc3s said...

I have been wanting to use calendar numbers for a long time. This was the perfect opportunity.