Wednesday, March 5, 2008

layers + gesso + tissue paper texture

mmm... blue. i've had a thing for blue going on the last couple of weeks--specifically this shade of blue. (see below.)

for this page, i put down 3 layers of gesso, collaged on some tissue paper, and did 3 more layers of gesso before putting down watercolor, and sanding twice.

the fingerprints on the opposite page are from grabbing the sketchbook to keep it from falling off the desk. i like it, so i left it!

also below is a detail if the texture.




here's a full page view of the next set of pages. the page on the left is unaltered so far--just as maralena painted it. the right is my addition of the girl.

5 comments:

mcdc3s said...

That is awesome Nicci. I was dying to see how you were going to work on top of the abstracts!

LOL - fingerprints! More DNA evidence.

mcdc3s said...

Green hair huh? Yep, time to get a new sponge. ;)

nicci said...

lol... i <3 green hair. too bad my hair is too long to dye funny colors. => it would be stripped in a second!

plus it mostly only looks good in drawings.

more to come!

nicci said...

there's this website that sells evidence tags and stuff for law enforcement people... i am dying to order some =>

photoholly said...

I love using tissue paper in my layouts, although I've never sanded my gessoed pages, maybe I should try that.