Tuesday, March 11, 2008

Journal progress - Seeing Red


Sheesh. It took me two days to finally get though Blogger to post. Not sure what that was all about!


Meanwhile... I was busy in my journal. I could not decide between to papers for the texture undercoat. I finally decided on the red pattern. Gesso, Gesso and then laid the paper down. Very nice "fiber/cotton" paper. Gesso on top and then the Neopastels again. Watered them down and repeated. Sanded course, medium and then fine and repeated the process a second time. I love the way the fiber/paper pulled/ripped in parts - and how it felt when it was sanded smooth with the fine sand paper. It looks really cool... almost like skin. I added a bit of blue color... and will revisit this in a day or two.













Posted by: Maralena

2 comments:

nicci said...

that does look really cool! i love the texture.

also, i had troubles with blogger... until i posted 1 image at a time. then it seemed to take a while but go through. it's the multiple image posts that make it freak and time out.

yay for red!!

Homemade Bookmarks said...

Wow, nice handiworks. I love crafts too :)